Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ah, Craigslist

I was surfing for gigs on Craigslist this morning and I found this post:

Wanted: Monkey for an hour
Reply to: gigs-xxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-12-03, 2:52PM PST

I'm looking to hire someone with a monkey to visit my house and show off their pet monkey for half hour or so. I have someone who's always wanted to meet a monkey and I thought it might make a nice Christmas gift. I can't find a place through Google, hence this shot in the dark. Also, I know monkeys bite and can be rambunctious so I absolve you and monkey of any biting or trashing of my house the monkey may do.

And as if that wasn't enough to delight me, I also found this post:

Snails and/ or Slugs
Reply to: gigs-xxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-12-02, 3:07PM PST

I am looking for some snails or slugs from somebody's garden, for an art project. They will not be harmed in anyway and will be returned just as they were. Let me know if you can help!

If you would like to charge a small fee for the use of your snails or slugs, please let me know. I am open to that.

This totally made my day.

Also, I am re-thinking your Christmas gift.

2 comments:

Chris and Penny said...

friggin' hilarious! love it. thanks for the humor. i would like a monkey and some snails, too. can you bring them to my house this weekend? thanks!

Katie Burke said...

My two favorite craigslist posts of all time:

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/sfo/
290660893.html

and

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/den/
287000204.html

craigslist rocks.