Monday, June 29, 2009

No wonder I'm so tired!

What a week! About a month's worth of events took place in the last 8 days. I'll catch you up briefly:

Last Sunday The Shirelles came to Glide and I got to solo in front of them! Then they came up onstage and sang a song, and when they turned around to thank us, one of them pointed at me and gave me a big thumbs up! After the service she gave me a big hug and told me I was wonderful!


So thank you to the Shirelle on the left! Despite all my internet research, I still don't know what her name is.

That afternoon I did a recording session for a surf band called The Del Mars. I sang background vocals for several tracks off their upcoming album.

And to top the day off, my good friend Becca gave birth to her second child, baby Mason. Welcome to the world, Mason!

On Monday the Glide Ensemble performed at the 2009 National Conference on Volunteering and Service. Michelle Obama was there! I will post a big blog post about that experience shortly, so stay tuned.

On Wednesday I went to the dentist.

On Thursday we lost Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson. Thursday was a very surreal day, as shock gave way to sadness.

On Friday we gained a new little light in this world!: baby Daisy, who couldn't be bothered with the hospital and made her entrance in the backseat of Mom and Dad's car.

On Saturday I had a recording session with Yung Mars, laying down background vocals for his upcoming second album.

And yesterday was the Gay Pride Parade! I had a blast marching down Market Street with the Glide contingent, singing and dancing and waving at the crowd. On our float was a giant wedding cake, topped with all different kinds of couples, and our real-life pastors who 'married' them as we traveled down the street. Our message:


But the message of the day, of the week, really, is summed up in this sign:

Ain't that the truth?

Happy Pride, Happy Birthday, Happy Monday!

No comments: