Thursday, November 13, 2008

This blog needs more photos

There. Isn't that pretty? I took that in Venice. This one too:


I had a good time with my camera in Venice. Forget being a city for lovers; Venice is a city for photographers.

It is not a city for those with a tendency toward motion sickness. Everywhere you look there's water, water, water, slapping, lolling, waving, moving. By the third day I was declaring, "I feel like I'm on a boat!" By the fourth day I was wishing I was on a boat, just so the rocking feeling would make sense. And that night my poor mother sicked up her dinner due to the constant motion in her head. Yarf.

But still, a lovely city.

Look folks, it's Day 4 of Unemployment and I'm at a bit of a loose end. It's not that I have nothing to do. I have plenty to do. I have a list as long as my arm of things to do, and my arms are fairly long. I'm just having some trouble getting things done.

I start out in the morning with the best of intentions. I get up. I drink a green smoothie. I plan to go for a run. Sometimes I actually do go for a run. Sometimes I stay in my pajamas and think really hard about going for a run, which is probably just as effective. I sit down at my computer. I check my email. I wait 10 minutes, then I check it again. I am amazed when nothing has changed.

I try to clean one small area of my house. I might do the dishes or clear off the coffee table. Nothing too strenuous. Don't want to freak myself out, you know?

I email my friends at work: Hey, how's it going? What are you guys doing? Is it weird that I'm not there? It's weird, right?

I eat lunch.

Then I tool around on my computer, pretending I'm working, actually feeling like I'm working (blogging is working, right?), until the sun goes down (blessedly early). Then I dust off my hands, call it a day well done and flick on the tube. If I've changed out of my pajamas, I put them back on.

I should probably wash those soon.

I know this will get easier. I know I will figure out how to be the productive superhero that I always knew I could be if I just had the time. I probably just need a week to blunder around in my PJs and, you know, find myself.

I guess I'm a little lost.

No comments: