Friday, September 25, 2009

In session

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Music is going lo-tech. Any schmoe with a laptop can record a demo these days. Case in point:



After fooling around with a broken microphone for half an hour, we finally decided to sing directly into the computer. Vernon insisted that I had to lean right over the mic pad for my voice to pick up.


But I'm starting to think he was screwing with me.



After several back-breaking takes, we finally cranked out a few passable rehearsal tracks. Passable in the sense that they are complete. Because I will tell you something, it is not easy to sing well bent over double like that. But it's actually a bit of an ab workout.

I'm thinking next time I might lie on my back on the floor and hold the laptop directly over my face. Might as well get some arm work in.

No comments: