Saturday, August 1, 2009

Tonight

I must apologize for neglecting my blog for a solid month. I was on vacation for half of that time, and the other half has been spent trying to get back into the swing of my life. I should always allot twice as much time for vacation as I actually need, because even though I've been home in body, my mind is still floating somewhere halfway between here and Wisconsin.

Yes, I was in Wisconsin, visiting family and working on my accent. I sang at my cousin's wedding, which was lovely, and I caught up with all sorts of relatives. I also spent some precious time with my grandmother in the hospital, which is another reason I've been absent here online...my mind is with her as she makes her way through these final stages of Alzheimer's.

There's much to catch up on and much to do, but first and foremost, and of primary importance, I must tell you about my gig tonight with Yung Mars. He's a talented hip-hop fellow that I had the good fortune of finding on Craigslist, and I did the background vocals on a few tracks off his upcoming sophomore album. Tonight we'll be performing at Grant & Green Saloon in North Beach at 9:30 PM. It's a free show, so come on out if it's not past your bedtime (and don't be embarrassed if it is - I'm usually in my jammies by 9:30).

More blog posts to come - I promise! - but for now, I've got some running around to do. Hope to see you tonight!

No comments: