Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hey you

Hey you!

Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to you. I'm upset with you for (that thing you did). You really bummed me out. I'd like to talk with you about (said event) but you've been avoiding me. Don't deny it. You don't respond to my (methods of outreach). You don't initiate contact. Do you think I'll forget about (the reason for my anger) if you just disappear for awhile?

Well, tough luck (Friend or Family Member)! We need to deal with this, so plug in. Let's have a grown-up conversation, okay? Listen: When you (took that action) it made me feel (some variation of crappy). I realize that you did not (do that thing) to hurt me, but nonetheless, I was hurt. And when I shared my feelings, you (rebuffed me in a particular way).

An apology would have smoothed things over, but you (went another route). And now things are weird between us. I'm not sure I even want to (share in your special moments).

It's just that I care about you, you know? I wouldn't be so upset if I didn't care. And when you (behave in such a fashion) I get (unpleasant feelings) because of (the nature of the situation that is specific to us).

You can understand that, right?

I really want to move past this, but I had to clear the air. This (irksome scenario) was weighing heavy on my mind. So now you know how I feel, and I hope you will (take appropriate action). Our (friendship/familial relationship) is too important to let unravel.

With (some degree of warm feeling),
Errin

No comments: